Friday, April 18, 2008

"Whack-a-Thumb"

Oh my word, does my thumb hurt this evening!!!

Tomorrow, we're having Sabbath School Outdoors. We've got it all set up to have our SS and church service out in God's nature.

Their is a chance of rain tomorrow, so the place we're having our Outdoor SS is at a friend place. They have a really nice pavilion and plenty of room to play for kids and a kitchenette and a couple real bathrooms. Nice!

So since a chance of rain is in the forecast, I went over this evening to help Ross put up a canopy. All was going great until we got to the last gromet.

We were gonna bungee cord it off to the pole and call it good. I was STRETCHING that bungee for all it was worth...

...You know what's coming next don't you?

Yup, the gromit hole in the tarp, a new one by the way, busted and the bungee and the gromit came flying back and 'whacked' me right on the thumb of my left hand.

The good: I don't have to work this weekend (time for it to heal.), we were practically done, it wasn't an eye or some other vital body-part.

The bad: It HURTS like the dickens!!!!!

Well, anyway, we got it done and I'm very pleased. Hope the rest of the weekend goes this well!!!

No comments: