Saturday, April 12, 2008

Mystery Solved

Check this out. As I was finishing up adding some posts to my page last night, I heard a "POP!" It was extremely loud. I jumped!

So I got up and looked around trying to figure out what popped. Thought it might have had something to do with the dryer vent I put in along with a bunch of 'Great Stuff' around it to seal the hole.

Nope, not it!

Checked the furnace, the electrical outlet, the lightbulbs - any and everything I could think of, I checked.

Then I went upstairs to ask Doreen if she'd heard it. Nothing.

So I put it out of my head and went to bed.

This afternoon as we headed to the park for the picnic and biking, for some reason, I decided to check Joelle's rear tire. F L A T!

We tried blowing it up, but heard a wierd sound out of the tire. So, I pulled the tire and the tube and found a 4 'inch blowout in the tube.

Woah!

So that's what popped.

We didn't have a back-up tube for Joelle, but we did take her old bike. She was very dissapointed, but handled it in a very VERY excellent big girl way. We were so impressed! AND THANKFUL!!!

Wheeew. I'm very glad it wasn't something major in the house that popped. A tire tube can be replaced, very quickly and easily.

So - Mystery solved!!! Thank heavens!!! :)

No comments: