Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Projects & Patience

Lots of things going on here in our neck of the woods.

Nice thing is, that even with everything going on - I'm able to get some projects going around here.

I've got two big projects going on. One - I'm gonna keep under my hat for now. Only to say I've been putting this one off for a year. Once I realized that, that was the motivation to get me going.

The second, though has been something that I've been meaning to do for quite some time and just never 'got-round-to-it.'

Well, once I started the 1st project, I was motivated to start the second and I'm making excellent progress. I've been wanting to 'scan' all the photos in our albums just to have them electronically and to have a back-up of them.

Then I remembered that for quite some time, we'd get our pics developed (this was before we got our 1st digital camera.) and order the pics on floppy disc too. Didn't remember where they were for the longest time, but finally found them.

One problem though was - not long after we got our computer Joelle and a friend jammed something in the floppy drive and it hasn't worked since. Part of the reason I hadn't done anything yet.

Then I decided to use the computer in Joelle's room - the one my folks gave us on our last vacation out there.

Ah ha!

So I've been working on it. We had 72 floppy drives with pictures on it going back to 1996.

Man that is awesome!!! Some of them were starting to fade - but with Google's Picasa cleaned some of them up nicely.

Cool!

Patience issue...

...a week ago, the right mirror on our car got bumped, broken and knocked off. This is the second one. Poor design I guess.

Anyway - last Monday (3-24th) I ordered a replacement. It was supposed to arrive Wed. Went in that evening and no mirror. Thur afternoon, still no mirror. Friday morning - problem found. Parts warehouse had mirror sitting on its shelf with no paperwork. No idea where to ship it. It'll be shipped to arrive Monday. Go in Monday, not there - driver dropped it at the wrong stop. It'll be here Tue - guaranteed. Go in today, sure enough it was there. Looked good. Take it out to the car and realize from the shape, they sent me the left one. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!

Take it back in and find out the guy who originally ordered it screwed it up royally!

The Bible says "All things work together for good..." Ok - I'm waiting to find the good in this situation. Maybe I'll have to wait for heaven.

Anyway - they promise it will be here in 3 to 5 days. We'll see!

Later!

No comments: