Monday, April 07, 2008

Project #1 - Completed

Here's an update on the project I wrote about earlier. I didn't want to mention it cuz I was gonna suprise my folks, but dad asked about it when we talked on the phone the other night, so I told them what it was, so now I'll update it here.

A year ago, my family came from Colorado at Spring break time to visit. They traveled out here in my folks 5th wheel.

One afternoon, I was sitting in it talking with my folks and saw their tapes. Mom mentioned some of them were getting wore out. So I volunteered to transfer them to a digital medium.

I intended to get right on it, but then things got in the way, and our tape player went bad and I put it on the back burner. Occassionally, I'd have to move the tapes out of the way, and think, "I need to get on that project."

Not to long ago I was looking at the calendar and realized it'd been a year since their visit - then I had to move the tapes and realized I'd procrastinated terribly.

So I got on it.

I transferred all the music from the tapes to my computer, cleaned up the tape hiss etc, and just tonight finished transferring it all to CD's.

DONE!

Yee haw.

Man, getting something accomplished like that is sure a good feeling. Of course, I'd feel better if I had this feeling 6 months ago! :)

Oh well, better late than never.

Enjoy your stuff when you get it Mom and Dad!!!

No comments: