Thursday, May 29, 2008

To Fly or Not to Fly

At Doreen's cousin's house, we were having a good time visiting, when my phone rings.

It's an 800# I didn't recognize, so I just about ignored it - then answered it.

It's our airlines, a computer voice says, "Your flight has been cancelled. You have been automatically rescheduled on a flight leaving Thursday, yada, yada, yada. If you accept this change, please say 'yes' now."

Pause,

Pause,

Pause,

Pause,

Pause,

Pause,

Pause.

Yes, the pause was that long. "If you reject this change please say 'No' now." So I HOLLER' "NO!"

After being on hold, I get a ticket agent. Explain that we need to get there on Wed and please work it out.

So she finds a flight for us that we can transfer to on Frontier Airlines. She askes me to hold for one moment to make the transfer, so I say yes - not knowing I would be listening to their bad music for 26 min...

...then the call disconnects.

I then call back, get someone else and find out that the first ticket agent, did get us scheduled on Frontier, but instead of leaving it an 'E-ticket' issued us a set of tickets. Sending them to our home - 2 1/2 hours away that miraculously we were to receive in time to make the 3pm flight.


So she goes through this whole process, and we have to arrive a minimum of 3 hours early to get this all straightened out at the airport.

Then next day we arrive and wait momentarily and get an agent. I explained the situation to them and 35 minutes later, two agents on the phone with two other agents were able to rectify the problem. THEN we had to walke down to Frontier and check in. We waited another 20 min and got checked in smooth as silk.

On through the security.

We all removed our shoes and walked through. Doreen and the girls were passed through, I was put in a glass cage and waited until summoned for a pat-down.

We're in. No more problems right? Right!

WRONG!

We watched a movie and had lunch while we waited. Boarding time arrived.

In line we went, and when we got up there the gate agent told Doreen her boarding pass and that of the girls had not been stamped by the TSA at the security check-in and she's got to run back to get it stamped. Off she ran with the kids. Then the check-in agent realized she'd coded the girls tickets as adults, so she quick-like printed off two more boarding passes correctly coded and the three of us were ready to go. I called Doreen, let her know, while the TSA agent is saying the girls needed to return to the security check-in, and we finally get it all figured out. Doreen gets on-board and we're in the air.

Big sigh of relieve, the drama is over. Right??

DOUBLE WRONG!!!

Fifteen minutes into the flight, the flight attendant comes and asks me for the other two tickets I brought on board with me. Pardon me?

Turns out the TSA agent kept the girls old boarding passes with the ticket attached. So we get that figured out and he'll let the Nashville agents know.

Now, all done!

Nope - not yet.

Fifteen minutes be for arriving in Denver, the same flight attentand walks over to me and says, they didn't understand and now that they can talk to Denver, they are still missing the tickets. Would I go explain it to the gate agent there!

Oh MY WORD!

Yup, I explained it in a super short version, then the full blown version and I think she got it.

Down to the next gate for our quick commuter flight to Grand Junction and to my folks.

Now, the flight drama is officially over!

Now we're in Colorado!

Thank the Lord!!!! :)

1 comment:

ljosjo said...

Oh My Word! What a hassle. We heard on the news that a lot of people are fed up with air travel. Well, I guess it will all get straightened out sooner or later. Have fun, noe that you are there.

LJO