Friday, May 02, 2008

The Racquetball NEVER Lies!

Since I played in the racquetball league this season, I've heard a phrase among the players I never knew people used before.

"The racquetball never lies."

I didn't understand it the first couple of times, then I caught on.

It refers to a situation where the players in the court are unsure as to the outcome of the serve and volley and who the point or side-out goes to. So they replay it and every time I've been in the court and a replay has happened the point or side-out goes to the person who probably should have gotten the call in the first place before the replay and both just decided to replay the point to make the outcome clear.

Today, Doreen and I were playing and twice that happened. Cracked us both up because we both completely understand that "The racquetball never lies!" ;)

No comments: