Thursday, May 22, 2008

Pester Tow Service

Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave the pool party, Doreen got a call on her cell. I forgot about it cuz we were wrangling little wet rug-rats to get everyone back to school.

On the way she told me about the call from Larry, my father-in-law. Turns out his pick-up just quit on him. Luckily, Sandra, my mother-in-law, decided not to go on that trip. So she picked him up, and since they were a stones throw away from our place ran over there.

We met them there, I hopped in my pickup, and went to where he broke down. We threw the tow strap I had and pulled him to the repair shop.

The mechanic thinks it might just be the fuel pump, and so does Larry. Hope it'll get it fixed up quick so they've got it back. I HATE broken down vehicles! :)

On a side note - it was AWESOME working with Larry towing that vehicle. Going down a hill, I didn't even have to tap the brakes, he slowed us right down. We we pulled up to a stop sign, again I didn't have to use the brakes. It was a great tow tandum. I've towed other people and they didn't quite get the concept of the front vehicle pulling the towed vehicle stopping them both. Keeps the tow strap taught and both vehicles under control. Cool!

No comments: