Monday, May 19, 2008

Garage Sale Memory

Yesterday, we had the 2nd half of our garage sale. I'll post more on the actual happenings later.

But it brought a memory back to mind.

Long time ago when we lived in Ohio, my sisters and I wanted to go to the amusement park Kings Island.

I was wanting to go to ride 'The Beast.' A new ride that had just opened there. To this day, the Beast is the longest wooden coaster in the world at 7,400 feet (1-3/4 miles); travels at speeds approaching 70 mph and has a ride length of nearly four minutes. It features two incredible vertical drops (135 and 141 feet) and has three dark tunnels, plus a spectacular 540 degree helix turn at the end. Of course that was something to an earliteen.

So one day, mom and dad had us go through all our stuff and get rid of a bunch of it. We did the same throughout the house. Then we loaded it all up one Sun and went to the local flea market - in a drive-in. We set up and started selling.

From what I remember, we made something over $60 that day. Not a bad haul in early 1980's cash.

It was enough the 5 of us could go. It was a blast and I LOVED the Beast!!!

Hum. Interesting the things that will help jog one's memory!

Cool!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We figured that you loved it from the number of times that you rode it. I lost count. It was a fun day. It pays to recycle once in awhile doesnt it. Mom