Sunday, May 04, 2008

Garage Sale #1

Had our garage sale at Larry & Sandra's today. Kind of a quick planned date to do it because of wanting to get it in before our vacation and Mother's day etc, so we didn't have time to advertise it much.

Larry & Sandra put up some good signs though.

The kids had fun. Of course they played with every single thing sitting out at one point or another I think. I remember doing that when I was little and my folks had a sale like this.

I had my DS there and Sandra had hers and we all took turns playing games against each other. Quite fun!

Anyway, turnout wasn't quite what we hoped for, but for no advertising, we didn't do too bad. Out there for 9 hours, 15 people came through, 4 didn't buy anything - just looked, sold $45 worth of stuff. Turns out to be like $5 per person and made $3 per hour out there. (Didn't minus out the pizza costs! He, he, he! Thanks Sandra!)

So this is Garage Sale #1. Gonna do another one in a couple of weeks, WITH advertising and see if there is a difference!

No comments: