Friday, May 16, 2008

Me Hyperextended Hand

Yesterday I was on a trip to Salisbury, NC. I was running with a fellow named Boyd. Nice guy.

Anyway, as we were unloading, our 'wonderful' shipping department decided to stack some big heavy boxes on some smaller light boxes. I reached up to pull one of the top ones down and the smaller light boxes crushed and they all came 'a-tumblin' down.

I couldn't get my right hand out of the way fast enough. One of the big ones caught my right thumb and hyperextended it backwards. Man that hurt!!

Got through that door and had to have Boyd throw the rest of the cases off and I caught 'em. Couldn't grab the higher ones and it just plum hurt. Catching was no problem-o.

After we finished that warehouse delivery, I called in and 'reported' the injury, then took some Advil.

It's feeling better today. It's probably just a bad sprain - but yet a pain. I go to grab something and I have to do it, gingerly! :(

Oh well, only 3 more trips I have to take before we 'jet' off on vacation to see family in Colorado!

Yippeeeeeeeeee!

No comments: