Sunday, May 18, 2008

Glad to be Done with that Trip!

I am SO glad to be done with the trip I just came home from.

Since Volvo has gone on strike, and we need new tractors at the yard, they've ordered some new ones from Peterbilt, Freightliner, International and Kenworth.

I've been in one of the the Freightliners and didn't like that tractor at all! Felt like I was driving a tank, no turn radius and it shook ya to death.

Last Thur I was scheduled to take a Pete out, and talked a coordinator into giving me an older Volvo. Thank heaven.

Well, last night they scheduled me for another trip in a Pete. I tried getting rid of it. Even offered a coordinator $10 to give us a different tractor - no deal. No one would take it - so we had to!

Oy vai! Rode nice, the bunk was comfy, but my foot kept slipping off the clutch the way they have it set up, a claustrophobic person would be extremely uncomfortable in it, and the view out the windows were limited.

What an uncomfortable ride!

Glad it's over.

Can't wait to take out one of the new KW's! :)

No comments: