Friday, March 28, 2008

Racquetball Tournament - Round 1

I had my first game of the racquetball tournament. It's a double elimination tournament and for that I'm extremely glad because I got whipped!

Rodney and I played 2 weeks ago, and that was the last I've played until today. I beat him then and today, he handed me a loss quite convincingly. The match only went two games. He beat me 15-11 and 15-10. The second game I had him down 7 to 1 and couldn't capitalize.

This pretty much sums up the game. I had pinned him in the back of the court a couple of times and hit soft dribblers into the wall he couldn't get. I had another opportunity to do another one and decided to wack a hard kill shot, cuz he was sneaking up. So I nailed it and he 'flailed' his racquet, hit the ball with a perfect high lob that died in the back court that I couldn't get to. The whole game will filled with stuff like that.

Man, that was frustrating.

So, now I have one loss and cannot lose again or I'm out of the tournament. I drop to the 'losers' side of the bracket, which should make it somewhat easier - but still. I really dislike losing!

Oh well - Next Round!!!

No comments: