Sunday, March 16, 2008

Eighth and Ninth Racquetball League Games, Plus One

Since I had most of the week off, I contacted the next two opponents in our racquetball league to see if we could squeeze the next two games in.

Got an e-mail back from one and she could play on Thur and didn't hear back from the second one.

So, for fun I set up a game with former elementary classmate from our days in Battle Creek Mi, Aaron B. We played Wednesday nite at 7p. It was a challenge. I won the 1st game and he the second and then I took the third. It was a lot of fun and great exercise!

Then my game against Sonya was Thursday evening at 5pm. She is ranked #2 in our league and had only lost one game. It was a hard fought game. I won the first game 15-13, she won the second 15-6 and the third 11-9. Man, I was wore out after that one.

I heard from the last guy, Thur afternoon and he wanted to play Fri. So at noon, the game was on. Doreen went with me to sit and watch and study, then we hit Subway afterwards.

For some reason, I felt like I was running in mud when I'd go after the ball. Couldn't figure it out. (Come to find out, I was sore and stiff - even though I streached properly - from the two previous games.)

I eventually ended up beating Rodney 15-11, 15-11, on both games. Wheew!

My record for the season is 6 wins and 3 losses.

Now, we just wait for everyone else to wrap up the rest of their games and then we seed the championship tourney. It's a double elimination tournament.

It looks like we'll have 13 people in our "B" league division. If it all holds true, it looks like I'll be seeded 6th.

What lots of FUN! Plus I get the added extra of good exercise!

No comments: