Thursday, March 20, 2008

Pride Goeth Before a Fall

Man that verse is SO very true.

Last week I was 'braggin' that my job was the most awesome and I had like 5 days off, without taking PTO.

Well - all that bragging came back to bite in the bunz - HARD!

Left Sun eveing for a run to Erie, PA then to Gentry, AR.

Turns out I didn't get home until Wednesday morning. All three nights, I had to drive anywhere from 8 to 11 hours all starting around midnight. Man, that is ROUGH! A 2,700 mile trip.

With the miles/cases unloading ratio we have, I made my week - 5 days. Well, I hadn't taken two runs - so I get assigned another 700 mile, 5 stop run to near Macon, GA that left less than 12 hours after getting back from the 1st run.

I ended up making 7 days of work this week. Oy vai! Am I bushed.

Ok - that is the last time I brag like that again!

Aarrrgghhhhhhh!

I hate Murphy's law! :)

No comments: