Saturday, September 04, 2004

What this day COULD have been!

Sabbath is supposed to be a DAY of REST! Today, it’s been a day of severe exasperation.

#1 - For the first night in weeks I get 8+ hours of sleep. I wake up and feel like I need another 10. Yucky feeling.

#2 - The girls were both kinda hyped up before we left for church today. I was laying on the bed for 15 minutes before getting dressed and I became the local sidewalk to walk on, play hopscotch on, and to generally scuff around on. No rest there.

#3 - As I’m coming down the hill in the last quarter mile stretch of road before turning up the drive to the church, a cop pulls out behind me and gives me a ticket for 61mph in a 45. It’s 8 freakin’ miles of 45 with nothing around - just to raise their revenue. There is two hills with nothing around and I was just coasting down the second. Turns out our pastor got a ticket in the same location two Sabbath’s ago, and 3 other people in the last three weeks have been ticketed near the same area. Guess they’re crackin’ down. The guy said to me, “well 16 over isn’t as bad as some I’ve tagged going 70 & 80 lately,” as he’s handing me the lousy ticket - thanks for kind words as your stickin’ it to me buddy! Yuck.

Man, it’s been 8 years since my last ticket -and that was on the truck back in ‘96. I was doin’ 65mph in a 55mph in Oregon cuz they’re predjudiced against truckers in that area. Everyone else can run 70 but trucks can only go 55. What a pain in the backside!!! Anyway, I got snagged there and that’s it.

I really HATE that I got this one because it’s gonna end up costing me $90. If I was just going to blow $90 I don’t have - I’d sure as heck would rather spend it somewhere else!!!! I’ll tell you that!!

#4 - Then to top it off, I get nominated to the chairman for the pre-nominating committee for our church. There’s two reasons this sucks, #1 - I’ve got sharathon this week at LifeTalk radio, #2 - We have to help out at the fair booth this week, #3 - It all just always feels like it’s piling up & #4 - I just got a freakin’ ticket not two hours before and REALLY just don’t feel like it! Oh well. At least I can keep MY name off of the worst of the two - Nominating Committee.

At Sabbath school today - I go to Cradle Roll with Doreen and the girls because we’re the leaders! Yeaaaaa! Anyway, we have some visitors there. Turns out they’re from Daytona Beach and left Wednesday night after getting their house boarded up, to get away from Hurricane Frances. They said Hurricane Charlie was rough, so it taught them this time to just split. So that’s what they did.

Can you imagine having to leave your home because of a storm. So Doreen and I have been talking about this - and just about everywhere you go you’ve got some ‘risk’ involved living there. I mean, earthquakes in CA - tornados in the Midwest - floods in Illinois, Hurricanes on the east coast - and I could go on (But I’m not cuz I’m still really annoyed about that ticket! LOL-kinda)

Anyway, we’re hoping to improve the evening. We’ve got some friends coming over to play games and what not. A good way to end a not so good day!

Have a Great Labor Day Weekend! See Ya!

No comments: