Thursday, September 16, 2004

UNCLE!!!!

I GIVE UP! After battling a week and a half to get some worms and virius off my computer and failing miserably - I finally shut it down, disconnected all the cables and took it into a local computer shop to fix. Man I HATE paying someone else to do it, but I was fighting a losing battle.

It had gotten to the point where I'd get all sorts of warnings that I've got a virus - I'd have to hit the OK button 25+ times for it to go away, and then 3 sec later it'd pop up again. Then I went from having 2 critical problems, to 4 to 6 to 12.

So I know when I'm whipped - I took it in and should be getting it back, virus free, today or tomorrow.

Then I can get back on-line at home so Doreen can enjoy the internet and I can keep connected! :)

It's been a rough two days. Typically, after we put the girls to bed - I'd jump on the computer and check up on the e-mail and stuff and haven't been able to do that. So lately, I've been wandering around the house wondering what to do. Sad - I know! :)

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Yeah, I thought I had it licked too. Unfortunately I had some Trojan Virus, Spybot.w32 and the wicked Bloodhound Worm that just hid for a bit then came back and mounted a vicious attack on my system!

Boooo hooooo hooooooooooo!

Oh well - if the computer fixing company doesn't get it right - I just take it back to them and say do it again. Lot better than me trying and failing, trying and failing etc! :)