Friday, September 10, 2004

Poll: INTERESTING or NOT

There's a site called www.wheresgeorge.com that I visit on a regular basis.

Basically, it was built to track paper money where ever it went when someone put the bill's serial number in it. I originally got a bill marked wheresgeorge after buying a pretzel at the Gatlinburg Aquarium - and I was curious, so I entered it. The bill started in Cincinnati, OH, Nov 3, 2001 and went to Sarasota, FL then over to North Port, FL where it traveled to when I bought that pretzel in Gatlinburg.

So since March two years ago, when I get my hands on cash - I try to mark it wheresgeorge.com and then put the serial number on the site then spend the cash when we need to and it's been interesting some of the hits that have come back.

A one dollar bill I got as part of a Christmas gift in 2002 has now traveled to Benton, KY, St Louis MO and Herculaneum, MO. The last hit on it was June 18 2004 it had traveled 415 miles in 1 year 177 days at an average of .076 miles per day. Cool huh??!!

Another bill I put in Mar 28, 2003 after going to Taco Bell & TCBY after a chiropractor visit before going grocery shopping has been to Morristown, TN, Malden, MA and Danvers, MA was the last hit in Dec 03. It traveled 868 Miles in 250 days averaging 3.5 miles per day.

As of Today, I've put in 587 bills that total $2, 462. 84 of those bills have been 'hit' or had their serial number put into the web site since I entered it.

It's been kinda cool.

I have one question for you though - is this an iteresting thing or something totally stupid and a general waste of time. I've had people I know come down on both sides of this and I'm just curious as to what you think???

INTERESTING or NOT???

Thanks!!!!

No comments: