Friday, September 10, 2004

Normalcy Returneth

Life is finally starting to settle back into normal. Whatever that may be. I think I've forgotten what a normal life is. This week has been one of extremes and I'm thankful the weekend is here to rest and relax a bit - hopefully! :)

Joelle is doing good. She's getting up and down a lot more - on her own. Yesterday afternoon after the medicine took effect she felt good enough to go crazy kicking a balloon around the living room. I guess her arms started to hurt after about 5 minutes and she was saying, "Owie, owie, owie" and then laid down.

One thing we've noticed is she's a bit 'moody.' One moment she'll be all lovey dovey, the next she'll be shouting at us. We're trying to smooth that out - but it all goes back to her being 3 1/2 and not understanding this whole process. Doreen took some time and explained that the casts will come off in the future - and that wasn't something that even crossed my mind to talk to Joelle about. I knew that, the Dr knew that and just assumed she'd figured it out they'd come off. Doreen knew that and was the only person smart enough to share that 'encouragement' with Joelle. Wheeewww - thankful for Doreen.

The NFL season started last night. Excuse me for a sec...

"Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww!!!!"

...I'm back! :) It's sure good to have a 'real' game back. I enjoy all the sports to an extent, but I LOVE the National Football Legue. The games each week make a difference. Not 80+ games in the NBA, 100+ of the NHL and the 170+ of MLB and even the 40+ races of NASCAR. Rediculous. Those leagues have taken it from a game to nothing but a pure money making scheme. It's no wonder so many of them have dipped in quality. Not the NFL. Did you watch Indy at Pats last night. A good hard fought game. Unfortunatly New England came out on top, but still a good game.

My family every year engages in a fun game on ESPN.com called Pigskin Pick'em. We basically pick the teams we think are going to win from week to week and have a lot of fun trying to see who's gonna get the most picks right each season. I unfortunatly lose my first pick with the Patriots beating Indy, but I'll come back - I hope! :) I was just looking through my files in my desk and found this info.

The first year we played the game 2000/2001 - Scott (my bro-in-law) was the champ.
He also won in 2001/2002, beating me by 4 games. In 2002/2003 a new champ emerged by a landslide- Me! :) I guessed 161 right games and my dad came in 2nd with 147 and Scott was a distant 3rd with 128 correct games. Last year, the 2003/2004 season, I again repeated as champ with 156 correct, my bro-in-law with 154 and Mary, his sister-in-law, taking third at 151 correct games.

This season should be a BLAST. Who knows, maybe Scott will win a third championship, I could however threepeat, or maybe a new champ with make his/her presence known. I'll keep ya up-to-date!

For now, I better get some 'real' work done here!

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: