Monday, January 17, 2005

The Week from Hell!!!!

Well - this week of HELL hasn't started of good AT ALL!

This morning I was sitting at my computer at work, listening to my programs and eating breakfast, and the station goes off the air. Dead, Nothing, Nada, Zip, GONE!

So I'm checking into everything trying to figure it out - and it was our uplink equipment - which changes regularly - so I didn't know how to fix it. So I call our engineer who calls our other engineer - who doesn't work for us anymore - and turns out the power supply in one of the units, went south.

So we pulled it out of the rack, opened it up - and replaced the power supply, closed it up, racked it up, plugged it in - voila - up and running again! Oh - did I mention, it was an hour and a half later?! Yup! That stinks!!!

So I get back to work - get some stuff done and boom, it's time to have a party for our engineer leaving - and then I gotta go. So I'm on my way out, 30 minutes later than I planned. Then my route is blocked by the Police, for some reason or other, so I find another route - get to where I'm gonna pick up a piece of equip and get GRILLED by the guy. So I says, "Hey, I'm just here to pick it up - I've arranged it with the station manager." So I sign off - and leave.

My next challenge is that I'm only 5 min from my next stop and get stopped short by a train. Aaaarrrrggghhhh! Finally I get to our new building - and NOTHING has been done, NOTHING!!!! We're supposed to start moving the network tomorrow. TOMORROW!!!

Oh yeah, I had a conversation with my boss this morning and he's adamant that it happen - no more delays, just do it - even though our new place isn't ready. Oh my! Ok.

So I leave there - take 5 minutes, find a Geocache we tried a month or two to find and had no luck - and found it. A bright spot in today.

Then I head to my in-laws apt/studio building project, and lo and behold - another bright spot. It's moving along very nicely. The rough plumbing is done, the rough electricity is ALMOST done, and it's looking good.

After I finished there, headed to the Penske truck dealer to pick up the rental for tomorrow. And the directions, send us around the block - a HUGE block - but finally go there. Got the truck - and headed home, trying to stay awake.

It's good to be home. Snuck in a little 20 min nap then put a puzzle together with Joelle, and it's good to be home.

Now I'm chillin, which is nice. Tomorrow - I gotta begin moving the network with my co-workers, and we're gonna be extremely busy. Hope to get home at a decent hour.

It's my prayer, tomorrow's better!

No comments: