Friday, January 28, 2005

Packed OR Favorite Taco Bell Food

Well, the weekend is here - oh what a relief it is. This week has been an enormous mess with everything we're doing to get the radio network moved.

Today, we packed the final computer (5 of them have to stay behind until we can get the uplink moved - and that's a 30 page story in itself!) and 3 boxes of odds and ends left around. I took a very full pick-up load of junk to the dump and did a final walk through - we're ready to go.

Sunday 8am the Georgia-Cumberland Conference truck will be here and we'll pack it all in and ship it to Collegedale so that ALL of it can be put in a temporary warehouse.

That's right - our facility is NOT DONE. Just down there this afternoon and the sheet rock work isn't even all finished. It's not ANYWHERE near ready to move into. Ouch!

In fact, we found out yesterday that the carpet hasn't even been ordered yet. Well, that is ALL fine and dandy with me. For the last two weeks I've been rabidly selling stuff on Ebay trying to get rid of junk that has been hanging around LifeTalk for 5 (or more in some cases) years. I've brought in over $3,000 for all the stuff I've sold. We're glad for the cash and even more GLAD to be rid of the junk and not having to move most of it!
So on Sunday night, my final auctions will close. So Monday - I'll be packing up stuff to ship and taking it to the post office to send it on it's way. Then over the next 3 days, I'll be editing together 19 new programs for air, fixing some 'old' and wore out spots that are on the air, and reorganizing my computer and backing it up before I begin work permantly in Collegedale.

Thankfully my hours will change. I'm now required to be in the office between 7:30a and 5:30p. So an hour down and back gives me a 12 hour day - not bad all things considered. Once we move down in mid April - it'll all be GOOD! :) Hopefully! :)

Their are some DEFINITE positives about living in an Adventist Mecca. This afternoon on our trip to Collegedale we hit the local Taco Bell for lunch. Turns out they still have my favorite Taco Bell food. One that I have been craving for quite some time! I ate threee of them this afternoon and was in complete Taco Bell bliss. This food you pretty much have to wipe your face after every bite - but it is MOST Definetly worth it!

What food am I talking about? The Tostada. They still have them there and I have been craving one of those for - years, since they cut it from the menu a few years ago. Now why would the do something stupid like that? It was a great menu item and I saw many, many of them sold at just about every Taco Bell we ate at. Do any of you know why they axed that particular item? Well - I'm thankful that this particular Taco Bell has the wisdom to keep selling them! YES!!!

Well - gotta hit the sack. This week has been catching up with me and I'm plum tuckered out.

Oh, by they way, check this out. Our area has forcast less than an inch of snow and ice - and people are panicking. They've already put the Sodium Brine on all the roads. Hope it does snow and sleet for their sakes - especially from ALL the work it took to lay that goup down. He, he, he - southerners are crazy!

Thave a Wonderful Weekend.

OUT!

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Hey bro, yeah, it may have all the ingredients of a tostada - but it's NOT one. You eat it differently, and while this may be a mental thing for me, why ruin a good beef taco with beans! Now I can get a good tostada!

Come eat one with me in Collegedale and you'll see the difference! :)