Thursday, January 06, 2005

"Recording Artists" Bah Humbugggg!

You know, I'm getting very 'tired' of all the "Recording Artists" out there.

You know the type I'm talking about, singers (or supposed ones) out there selling CD's and tickets to concerts and they just SUCK!

Lately, on just about EVERY music awards show or 'big game' halftime show that Doreen and I have happened to watch - we've spotted one or two fakies. They either lip synch (A HUGE PET PEEVE OF MINE) or sing so bad and off key, or missing notes it's just pitiful. Then people after the song is over, cheer and applaud. Why I ask!

Well, Tue evening at the halftime of the Orange Bowl, Kelly Clarkson, Trace Akins and Ashlee Simpson performed. One of them BOMBED terribly, Ms Simpson. I didn't watch the halftime show because we were watching the Amazing Race, but I heard her performance on the Mike & Mike in the Morning Show on ESPN Radio yesterday morning - they were doggin' her something bad, with good reason. It was awful.

And people pay to see her perform and buy her CD's? Really? Why?

Now I'm not just doggin' on just Ashlee, this is one of the latest in a LONG line of 'performers' who have no talent, but yet because they know someone, or are related, or had enough money to 'buy' their way into a record company to become a 'recording artist.'

(Got a friend in the Women's SDA music group called Message of Mercy. They recently just began recording new music for an upcoming project and the studio they're recording at asked if they want to use the new pitch fix technology. Basically it's a mic with a computer chip that if the singer begins to slide slightly off pitch, will alter the soundwave being recorded to make it sound like the voice is on pitch. [They declined this option.] Too many recording artists are just that because they can sing good enough in a studio to make an album by using fixes like that and of course just fixing little sections where they couldn't get it right - so when they get in a live situation, they just can't handle it because they didn't actually "sing" it in production - they sang just 'parts' and then an engineer assembled it for them.)

There are TOO MANY people out there with actual talent that are struggling cuz losers like this have the 'cool' gigs. That is an enormous travesty. Not only to those who really deserve it, but to us as well who have their ears assaulted, or are made a mockery of by not actually singing, but using a track.

Sad, sad, sad!

Let's DUMP the recording artists and get back to real musicians with real talent performing for us!!!

2 comments:

The SSP said...

Aaaaaahhhhh - A true musician responds to my thoughts.

JW Richard - how many times do I gotta apologize for the pancake thing in class. I know it was early and many people who skipped breakfast to make it to class on time had a hard time with it - but better pancakes than a sausage egg biscuit. Right??? :)

I'm really sorry Bro. My job at McD's was rough on you those mornings wasn't it??!! :) Man, I feel your pain! :)

Hey - if you want - I'll send ya some pancakes tomorrow. I make them every weekend for my girls - so you know - I could make some extra and ship 'em out to ya! :) To make up for it, I'll even throw in some scrambled eggs. That sound all right? :)

You know Jerry - I was listening to an In Unity song that I was just about to back announce on LifeTalk radio. (Rain) I remember enjoying listening to you and Monique and others at Southestern that could REALLY sing. You guys truly deserve the big contracts. (Just remember us 'little' people when you hit it big though! he, he, he!)

Yeah - follow the money is true enough, but I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to throw hundreds of thousands at someone as lousey a performer/singer as Ashlee. Ya know??!!

Come on, someone at the head of these record companies has gotta be smarter than this! :) Ya know??!!

Good to hear from ya Man! Keep in touch!

Later

The SSP said...

He, he, he, he Jerry! Man - you're too funny!

Thanks for the link reminder, I've been keepin an ear out for any NEUMA stuff or Tru Sol, etc. All of it may not completely 'fit' my ear - but do enjoy quite a bit.

I read on you're blog you're coming out with a holiday album sometime?!! Can't wait to hear that!

Later!