Tuesday, January 04, 2005

The 2004 Pigskin Pick'em Champion is...

ME! Oh yeah.

For the third consecutive year I take home the Nelson/Pester Pigskin Pick'em Championship!

Here's the final talley...

#1 - Me 160
#2 - Doreen 153
#2 - Dad/Larry 153
#4 - Mary 151
#5 - Scott 145
#6 - Staci 143
#7 - Tim 108
#7 - LeAnne 108

It was an awesome season.

The last week's picks were very hard because of the teams that had locked in the playoffs deciding whether or not to play their 'stars.' But as always, the first week of the season is always tough.

Here are some interesing bits...

-- Over the 4 years that I have records, my final score has been pretty average.
2001 - 153
2002 - 161
2003 - 156
2004 - 160

-- Doreen and I had the 'high' weeks this year. In Week 11, Doreen posted a 15,
in week 12 I also posted a 15. Both of us just 1 away from a perfect week.

-- Doreen, Dad and Mary were in a heated race for 2nd place. Doreen and Dad ended up tied. Unfortunately, Mary didn't make her picks for this past week and so posted a 0 - it would have been interesting to see what the standings would have been had she picked.

-- The lowest week posted, other than a few Zero's, or no picks, LeAnne with a 5.

-- Best Week Scores posted, week 11, we ALL were in double digits. (The only week we all had double digit scores.

Overall - it was a GREAT NFL season for Pigskin Pick'em! (Sadly, I can't say the same for the Denver Broncos. They made the playoffs, but unless they play the game of the year for them - I've got a feeling they'll get beat this first week! But any team can win on Any Given Sunday!!![Here's to hoping they win!!])

---Did you know that players who play in the post season get $18,000 to win the winning wildcard teams, (Losing wildcard teams get $15,000) Division teams, winners and losers get $18,000 per player, Championship games the players get $32,000 and the superbowl winners get $64,000. (The losing team gets $34,000.) But I digress...--- :)

Thanks to all who participated, hope you enjoyed it thoroughly!

I'm looking forward to next year - hope you are as well.

I'm gonna miss the NFL season, I'm gonna miss this challenge of picking the games against family. Guess until next season, I'll just have to do more blogging!!!

Thanks for playing y'all. It was a BLAST!

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Yeah, you're right, I am a punk.

Sorry about rubbin' it in a 'little' dude. Couldn't help it you know. Hope you understand a bit.

You're right, YOU'RE RIGHT - I am a punk...

...But I'm a 3 Time Consecutive Nelson/Pester Pigskin Pick'em Champion Punk.

I'll take that! :)

(Come on, you know you'd have rubbed a little salt in the wound if you'd 'a kicked my butt. He, he, he)

The challenge is on for next year man. You gotta keep me from repeating again - for the 4th time! :)