Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Past Decisions EFFECT Current & Future Plans

This has been a good reminder to me.

We've got some friends who are having to make some decisions in their life - and for obvious reasons, I can't go into all the detail.

But they made four decisions years ago. Now those decisions are 'dictating' some other decisions today. Now 'she's' frustrated and complaining that she doesn't have a choice. Well yes, she does have a choice - she made the decision for today a number of years ago and because of those decisions - she has to take the path today that she started out when she made those decisions.

This is a good reminder to me to not just look at the short-term result of any decision I make. I need to make sure to look at the long-term restult as well because a decision I make today - may force my hand into something I may not want to do in the future - but will have to because I didn't consider the future in today's decision.

Did you follow that? I know what my brain was thinking, but not sure if it came out clearly! :)

Ok - so today I decide to work effectively. Hope that helps me in the future! :)

Better get to work!

Have a terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

The SSP said...

Okay, this is just a little English lesson. When you use the word "effect" as a verb it is "affect". Also, continue trying to use "their" in the correct way. Have you ever seen the word "there"? You don't use it nearly enough!!! ha, ha! Good thing I'm not an English teacher - I'd be too bugged all the time!

The SSP said...

The "their" prob was in the "I Love God's Timing" blog!