Sunday, January 09, 2005

Broncos Not Good - Not Bad or SS Not Good - Not Bad

Hey

Hope you're weekend is going good. Our ain't too bad at all. Actually - it's been pretty decent.

First time in 3 years I've been to an Adult Sabbath School class - finally got promoted out of Cradle Roll. He, he, he! For the past 3 years Doreen and I have either been helping our daughters in SS or been in leadership and gotta be there.

Well - now we're both out - and now SS is boring as all get-out! Studying the lesson is ok - and learning more about what we believe is fine - but to just 'preach to the choir' so to speak, and re-hash stuff again and again and again... it just ain't gonna do. I need a SS about pratical Christianity. A SS discussing the Bible and current events. A SS that's real, ya know?

Today, we were taught/preached to with the predictable dramatic... pauses in the right place after the teacher asked a question - then the quiet answer and the yeah that's good, but not quite what I was looking for, then the teacher telling us his answer and then a short sermon to be followed by another question, dramatic pause... quiet answer, teacher response, sermon, question, pause, answer response sermon...
Aaarrrggghhh!

Talked to a friend last Sat night at a New Years bonfire and their Sabbath school - talks about the lesson and relates it today and during the discussion (Hum, interesting idea) a member (Not SDA YET - but more likely to become one) mentions a struggle they're having with getting electrical passed in an older house. The next week some SS members show up and do it right. Get's passed - ok to live in.

Now which one would you rather be part of??? Yeah - me too, but unfortunately, that's not possible until after we move to Collegedale. Oh well - for now... question, pause, answer, response, sermon - - - !!!

I love my church, really I do, maybe for now I ought to go back to Cradle Roll! :)

Ok - just finished watching the Jets amazing comeback vs the Chargers. Man, was that an up and down game. (By the way, Poor Marty S - Chargers coach - how many times have I seen that look on his face as he loses a playoff game when they've lost to us and others. Wow - poor guy! I kinda feel bad for him, so close and yet so far.)

So now, I'm thinking about the Broncos. They have NOT won a postseason game since winning the Superbowl after the '98/'99 season. That's pretty sad. So I'm thinking man, my Bronco's suck. Why do I even continue to be a fan. Well - #1, I'm a Colorado native and they're part of me, #2 - who else would I be a huge fan of, #3 - I LOVE orange and blue. #4 - I've already got a Bronco room, I can't afford to change it, #5 - They're not really that bad.

No, stick with me for a moment. They're not that good, but face it, they aren't that bad! Right now the San Franciso 49ers and Washington Redskins are THAT BAD. The Oakland Raiders (Yeahhh Baby ***GRIN***) and Arizona Cardinals are that bad. (But they do have hope with Denny Green as coach and a new stadium coming soon.) The Broncos have not had that many - Losing seasons in quite a while. They've had one here or their, but they are typically in the top half of average. We had those two superbowl seasons where they just ROCKED everybody. Now I'd like to have that ALL the time - but that just ain't possible. Players get greedy for money from somewhere else (Clinton Portis), they retire (Zimmerman/Elway/Sharpe). Some are salary cap casulties and some get injured. Coaches, GM's, Presidents change, or move on or are fired, so the possibility of AWESOME seasons ALL the time is just - unachieveable.

However - they can do their best, and come tomorrows playoff game versus the Colts, win or lose, I will ALWAYS be a Bronco fan!

GO BRONCOS!!!!

No comments: