Thursday, January 20, 2005

Independence OR inauguration OR Icesicles

Having a Tennessee home in Minnesota weather is not good. The last two days we've had close to some 'early' season Minnesota weather. Our nights have been in the teens and dropping down into the single digits. BBBuuurrrrrr. Our heater has a challenge keepin' up! :) The last couple of nights, the furnace has run all night long. Cold, COLD! :)

Last night was warm - the low was 26. Ummm - balmy! :)

Well, this is my little girls first presidential inauguration. Of course they won't remember it - but it's a 'milestone' for Doreen and I to remember. The first inauguration I remember watching is Ronald Reagan's 1st term. I was actually home sick from school that day, we were living in Michigan then and I remember watching on our little 13' TV in the family room. (Took a couple of breaks to upchuck - yuck!) A LOT of things have changed since then, not all of them for the good, especially for little ones growing up. We're just praying that we're able to raise them to be dedicated to God and to walk the right path - no matter what the country/world does.

My little/big girl is growing up. The last two nights, Joelle is giving herself her bath. She lathers up her hair with soap and is very thorough at getting herself all washed down as well. Amazing! For the last 3 1/2 years we've been doing it all, and now she wants to do it on her own. Yipppeeee. It's just little steps like this that my girls make that just amaze me.

Natalie is starting to lose some of her 'baby fat' and lean out and get taller and what-not. Wow. My little girls are growing up. Next thing you know, I'll be walking them down the isle. Ouch! :)

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Yes sir, and it's amazing how FAST those little lives grow up!

Hey - send some of that warm Texas air up here. It's not that I don't like Canadians - I do - just don't like all the cold air all the time! :)