Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Darn" It

That's the sewing term by the way! :)

I just finished fixing a button hole that the sewing from the factory had come loose. It's a nice pair of work pants, very comfortable, easy to drive in, easy to unload in - if I'm not wearing shorts.

The fact of the matter is, I'm thankful to my Mom for teaching me the skill to sew and to mend.

When I was younger, it used to drive me nuts to have to fix a hole in a pair of socks or a shirt. But thankfully, it taught me a very useful skill.

Now, when I have a hole in a sock - I throw it away. :) However, when it's somethink like my workpants, or a shirt or a jacket - all things I've recently mended - I can do it.

Thanks Mom!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever we need a small fix like that, we just take it to your mom! :-D