Monday, June 25, 2007

Locked Down!

So about a week or so, I walked in from the garage over to our desk. We'd just come back from some errands and I see our wireless router lights flashing. That doesn't usually happen unless someone's online.

I was in teh basement, Doreen and the girls were headed upstairs so I knew someone in our house wasn't online.

I checked the router and found a 'foreign' system using our wireless.

Lately, it seems our high-speed has been slowing down a bit. Obviously it was cuz more than just Doreen and I were using the signal.

Thought I had it locked down when I put the system together - boy was I wrong.

So, I asked a friend for a idea of what I may have done wrong, got the correct instructions and boom - now we're locked down tighter than Fort Knox. Ok - maybe that's a bit of an exageration, but we are now LOCKED DOWN!!! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I need to see about doing that to ours too. It's open as can be. It hasn't been a problem since we're way out in a rural area, but it would still be a good idea to get it tightened up a bit!