Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Back to 3 Trips a Week

My week, busy, busy, busy!

After running only my normal 2 trips a week for the last few weeks because of vacation and activities we had going on after vacation - I'm back to running 3 a week to help us get the cash together to pay for the kids school, some medical stuff we've had done, some vehicle work and a vacation trip coming up in July/Aug.

So I had a run out Sat night, back Sun at 2p. Trip out Mon a noon back today (Wed) at 2p. Leaving out tomorrow at 8a and back Friday around lunch. So the only day my family doesn't see me is Tuesday. That is awesome. Feel wore out though cuz my long one was long! Another thing with the long trip, I was in an new '07 truck. It should right smoothly right? I mean all the '07's we have do. No this one, it 'rode like a bucking bull.' We couldn't figure out why. Yeah - all you drivers know right. Sure enough - some team in this truck slid the 5th wheel all the way back! Argh - it sure made a rough ride. When did we brilliant guys figure this out? After we finished the trip at home. AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!! I'll be prepared from now on - don't want another ride like that!!!

While I was on trips though I did make sure to take a chance to take a couple 'artsy fartsy' pics and a video - just for kicks.

Enjoy!

Truck Backing



Add to My Profile | More Videos

Took this backing into the warehouse where I picked up some stuff to bring back home. 40,000 lbs worth of stuff! :) I LOVE backing up a truck. It is a challenge, but now that I don't have a 53' trailer or have to worry about apartment complexes or moving furniture - back up a truck is a blast!



Just outside Chicago, IL in the suburb of Melrose Park, where I was at the warehouse I video'd backing into, the Metra train came blasting by 3 times before I decided to pull out my camera and snap this shot. I really like how it turned out.






Heading into Chicago from Michigan, I was driving into the light and decided to take this just for the fun of it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Metro pic. Thanks!

The SSP said...

I entered that one into a photo contest. We'll see if anything happens. Love it to - but it was just fun taking the pic!