Friday, June 01, 2007

Catchin Up or 2027 Miles

Boy, do I have a TON of catching up to do. A TON!

Before we took our week of vacation, I ran 3 trips, we attended a 3 day family seminar and got stuff ready for our trip. No time to blog! :(

So I better do it now. :) Just so I don't forget!

---The 3 day family seminar was called "Love and Logic." Basically it was a course to teach us how to teach a parenting course using the Love and Logic Model. Of course we 'gleaned' some great info for us and hope it helps us in raising our children. I was dreading it because ALL we had to do before leaving for TX/OK, but it was really, REALLY good. The time in the meetings just flew. Doreen and I did great in learning what we need to do to raise infants, then we just stopped learning and I think at least I've fallen behind and am trying to catch up and get back ahead of my girls in being a good parent and not an evil dictator. So, this course helped and I hope it will help as we eventually present this program to other families in our church.

---Vacation, came, was enjoyed, and now is OVER - booo hooooo hooooooo!

We actually intended to leave on Monday and stop by and visit our friends Karl & Sharon in Marshall, AR. Unfortunatly my trip schedule at the bakery foiled that plan. So we left Tuesday and drove ALL the way to Alvarado, TX (Just S of Ft Worth). 854 miles. Whoooie. Boy we crashed that night, but only after the girls got some wiggles out and we had a good chance to visit with Bubbie.

Wed, we did some geocaching (found 7) and visited the College that Doreen and I graduated from and saw some of the new buildings they've put up. Very nice. Boy that area has changed a LOT!!

Once it got hot, we headed home and hung out with my grandma and then went to dinner with John & Helen B. A former Academy teacher/sponsor of my class and now a friend.

Thursday, it rained most of the day. We ran a couple of errands and what-not but not to much else. That evening we took the kiddos to a McD's playplace so they could burn some energy. Then to Braums for some EXCELLENT ice cream.

Friday, after a few errands, chores and packing we headed to Ardmore, OK for a family reunion at Lake Murray State park.

We had a great, yet soggy, time. It rained almost the entire weekend. In fact 3 Aunts went for a walk at one point when the rain let up, and not 5 minutes after leaving, DOWNPOUR. They came back soaked.

We all had a great time talking, laughing, reminiciing and just doing stuff everyone does at a family reunion. (I'll post a few pics later.)

Oh yeah, let me introduce the couple in the picture to ya. Harry and Anna Myers, my Great grandparents. They're the instigators for the 'branch' of the family tree that includes me! :)

By the time we drove to Texas, Oklahoma, then back down through Texas into LA, MS, AL & GA before getting home, we went 2027 miles. What a trip.

Ok - that's got us up to today, in a nutshell!!!

Have a great weekend. I don't have to work Sat night - so I'm gonna! :)

Later!

No comments: