Friday, June 15, 2007

Artsy Fartsy v 2

A bit of history on the title, for you new-comers. My brother-in-law, after I got my digital camera and began snapping all sorts of pics, once reminded (repremanded) me on how nice it is to just take pictures of things around. I don't always have to have a 'person' as the focus of a photo. You know what, he was right. I'd forgotten that over the years of having a 'film' camera and working at a ministry - you are 'careful' with your shot. But with the freedom of the digital format - one can go crazy. And I do - mostly with people, but I do make sure to find 'artsy fartsy' pics occassionally to be creative - see what I can see and to appease my brother in law! He, he, he!

So enjoy these next few photos!

At the Avalanche Ranch VBS at our church, our musicians lined their guitars up on this little 'fence' that was built for decoration. I couldn't help but think of the western frontier with horses at a hitching rail - and this kinda reminded me of that! :)




One of the nights, the snack included an Oreo cookie on a plate. Don't know what the rest included cuz I was out playing games the whole night, but when I walked through the kitchen - I couldn't pass this up. Kinda cool!
















Between swimming, lunch and VBS, we had to stop by Wal-mart to pick up a few necessary things. We try to go only once a week, but sometimes we forget something, or plans change - anyway - as we walked in, we saw the NASCAR, Bobby Labonte #43 car parked in front. I had to see it - so we walked over and checked it out. Thankfully cuz of swimming and VBS I had our camera with me - took some shots with the girls then tried an AF Pic!


These are kickboards. They use them to help kids learn how to swim - without drowning. :) After the kids got out and hit the showers, the staff stacked these and I thought it'd be a cool pic! :)
What do you think?












Looking down into the pool, I saw the typical lane markers. Wondered how it'd look in a pic. The first one I took the water was too calm, nothing different really. Then someone jumped in and as the ripples came by, I snapped this photo with this unique perspective on it. Fun fun!

All right! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY nice! This is your best overall batch of artsy fartsy pics yet!! The endless plates with a single Oreo each is the best of the bunch, by far, IMHO. That being said, none of them are bad. Well played sir... well played!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm seeing the creative side of you Steve. Artsy Farsty! I like all the pictures. Its amazing that something simple can produce a creative picture.