Monday, February 14, 2005

What is WRONG with People???

Today I had to take an 'emergency' trip to Collegedale. The sheet rock finisher called and said our place (Actually my in-laws) being built had been broken into. Sure enough, the front door had been kicked in. (Great big muddy footprint on and around the deadbolt gave it away!) Didn't break the door - but it trashed the door jam. All that was stolen was the 'sheet rockers' heater. A hole was put in the wall when the door flew open and whacked it.

Had to nail some boards across the door to keep it 'secure' until the carpenter can come fix it. We've got the electrician coming in to wire in some security lights - the Sheriff said that would be a HUGE help!

What I don't understand is why people do that? Are they on drugs and needing to steal to pick up cash to get high? What, what what??? What is wrong with people? Man - it annoys the 'heck' outta me because I had to call our tile guy, and cabinet makers and stuff and delay them all 4 or 5 days because of this. I can't believe it! All because some selfish-stupid fool had to steal a $100 or $200 unit. AAArrrgghhhh!

We'll - I'll get over this, but it blew the whole afternoon I was going to be able to spend with my family!

Then this whole moving situation is extremely rough. LifeTalk still has us in limbo. Not sure if we'll be to work this week or next. Not sure if we'll be doing radio/tv work or moving or pulling wires. Maybe this chaos will be settled soon. Maybe not.

We moved one family this week, and that didn't go well. But not letting people know ahead of time to help you load up and packing on 'moving' day doesn't make for a 'smooth' move. This was a ocuple of many challenges for this move. I'll pretty much have to leave it at that. Hope the rest of them go much MUCH smoother.

Got another one coming this Sunday.

Well - thanks for letting me vent!

1 comment:

The SSP said...

Thanks bro. That's a deal. I'll sing the melody and you hit those awesome harmonies!

Might not even sound bad! He, he, he!