Monday, February 07, 2005

SUPER-Bowl Weekend/Party

Hey, Hope y'all enjoyed this weekend as much as I did.

Sabbath was cool. Church was good - Lunch at my in-laws was even better, a nap in the afternoon was relaxing. We then had a great walk with some friends around a park and enjoyed watching the kids play a little. Then toppin it all off with watching the movie "Short Circuit" was way cool!

Sunday, we slept in (8am is sleeping in for me.), ate a great breakfast, then got to working cleaning up our house, putting stuff away, getting stuff ready for our Superbowl party. Got it all done by noon, ate a lite lunch and then everyone took a nap. Got up put some finishing touches on our place, flipped on the TV and watched a bit of the pregame stuff - Doreen got the food we were gonna chow on baking and we waited.

Friends started showing up and we started having some GREAT conversations. We ate, then watched the Superbowl.

It was a good game, back and forth - tied up into the 3rd quarter. Now, at out house, we had most everyone pulling for the underdog, The Eagles, and one unabashed Patriot fan. He was the most happy of us all I suppose. I wanted the Eagles to win - but didn't mind seein' the Patriots win because of my loyalties to the AFC through the Broncos etc. Unless it's the Broncos, every season, I'd like to see other teams win the big game you know? It's "all-ight" though.

Since we're still in limbo here at work - I slept in till 6a, then headed into work. I'll do some stuff today - then take off early. Other guys haven't worked at all - so I'm doing good - if'n you ask me.

Have a Wonderful Week y'all!

No comments: