Friday, February 18, 2005

"Sir"

I've hit my elderly years!

Yesterday morning, we moved one of my co-workers into his new home. It was good - I ALWAYS enjoy unloading furniture much, MUCH more than I enjoy loading it! Then drove on down to Collegedale, had lunch with some co-workers. We stopped in to check on the progress of our building - no carpet, still! It was supposed to be put in yesterday, but nope. Not there.

Ran over to get changed and headed to a job fair on the campus of Southern Adventist University. I went representing LifeTalk to try and find students that might be interested in Interning, doing a Practicum or just regular Student Labor with us. So between 2 and 5:30 I probably talked to 30 to 50 students asking questions, having questions asked of me and talking, talking, talking.

One distrubing trend I noticed, many of them were calling me, "Sir" and when I handed them a business card called me, "Mr Pester." I kept looking around for my dad! ;)

Boy - am I getting that old? Ouch! That hurt! :)

I guess we all gotta get there and for me it feels a lot faster than I expected. Don't know what I'm gonna do now! There's only so many times you can make a 'joke' about not being a sir, or that's my dad etc. Guess I'm just going to have to accept that I'm no longer a youngin' and grow up a little.

Nah!! :)

No comments: