Friday, February 11, 2005

tGiF

After a busy day, I now have a moment to "Thank GOD it's Friday."

And what a Friday it's been.

I was supposed to meet my boss and 4 other guys at the warehouse where our (work) stuff is stored to assemble some new desks for the new office at 9:30a.

We all got there early, and waited, and waited, and waited. We waited until 11:15a when he finally showed up with a U-haul and the desks. Crazy.

So we got the stuff unloaded and started assembling. So the boss called his wife to have her pick up some pizza's for us so we could keep working. He asked what we DON'T want on any pizza and I said, "Mushrooms." (I don't eat fungus!!!)

Guess what came in on the pizza's? Yup - loaded with mushrooms. Oh well - ate around 'em and got a little nourishment/energy - then we finished assembling the desks and I headed over to our apt/studio project. Nothing has been done in the last two days. We're waiting for the sheet rock finisher to finish - and he's got a number of excuses of why he's not finished it. So we'll get it done when it gets done.

So I'm thankful that Sabbath has arrived. I'm wore out and ready for a weekend.

(Except got to help one of my co-workers move Sunday. Every other time we've helped move this family very little has been packed - so this should be interesting. We start at 10a Sunday morning.)

Plus, tomorrow I've got to help 'team' teach the SS class. Our theme is Contrasting and Comparing, Jesus, Peter, Judas & Pilate. Not looking forward to that - I'm not a teacher nor am I a deep theologian. I'm a simple man so I don't know what I'll be able to 'say' to help deepen the classes understanding of Christ - but I guess I'll have to pray the Lord will give me the words at the right time.

Come to think of it - this weekend is like regular week days. Oh well!

Have a Wonderful Weekend yourself!!!



PS - I've got an intriguing opportunity and so today I 'laid' my fleece out to see what direction heavenly guidance will send me. I'd appreciate your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I must of raised you up right I tested out at 58% on the rebel yankee test. Just above the mason dixon line. Go Colorado.
Lovbe DAD