Monday, January 02, 2006

Quote, "Steve sucks! He's going DOWN this year!!"

How wrong was that prediction? He, he, he!

Ok - it has become official. (Hang with me as I toot my own horn here for a bit!) I am now the 2005 Champion of the Nelson/Pester ESPN's Pigskin Pick'em contest.

You can see from the title that everyone was going to bring their 'A' game this year to bring me down. And boy did they. At the beginning of the season my Sister and Mary were leading the pack. Then for much of the middle of the season my wife, dad and I ran neck and neck. But I just outdistanced everyone again for another season. I say that because this is the 4th year running that I've taken home the Championship. Check out last year's DoJoNa Entry on the topic. I'd like to win next year and make 5 - a nice round number - but I know, once again, the Nelson/Pester contestants will bring it again.

Let's see - here are some interesting things from this seasons contest...

Scott & Sue tied for the best score of the week (13th) when they both picked 14 of the games right.

Dad, Mary and Doreen (my wife) were battling hard for 2nd place unil Mary missed making her picks for week 14 and then dissappeared after that.

My wife, Doreen, came in 2nd for the 2nd straight year.

My Dad and Scott tied for 3rd.

LeeAnne upped last seasons score of picking correctly 108 games to 128 this year. Good job!

Man - it was a good season. Lot's of fun, lots of close picks and lots of good NFL games!

Thanks for playing guys!!!

Good luck next year!

3 comments:

Roseuvsharon said...

I'll leave all that picking and contests to you guys. Just tell me who goes to the superbowl and what the best commercials are supposed to be this year.

Trailady said...

So what I want to know is did you ever pick your new handle?? If so, what is it? Do tell!

Anonymous said...

It was fun and I learned a lot. But I bow to your winning!! Bowing . . . bowing . . . bowing . . .