Thursday, January 12, 2006

1st Crash OR Kids say the cutest things!

So - I'm on a trip to Bloomington, IN and try to call home. It is automatically forwarded to voice-mail. We only have voice-mail through our VoIP. Our answering machine is obviously no longer picking up. Interesting. So I try Doreen's cell and nothing. I call back to leave a message - nothing.

Later she calls and tells me they were out running a couple of errands and "somehow" her cell phone fell under the seat and it turns out that our old home phone number was 'ported' over to our VoIP so I've got to hook the VoIP switcher up to the cable modem. Easy enough, once I get home. (BTW - it's hooked up now, so y'all can call and say, "Howdy" any time you'd like! :)

We get done working/unloading and start to head home. I get first dibbs at the bunk - to probably get about 4 hours of much needed sleep. So I call Doreen to chat for a minute and let her know when I'll be home, blah, blah, blah. As I'm about to wrap up the call - (I got permission to tell this story by the way!) (Signed release form and all!! *grin*)

Doreen says, "So it was a crazy day today."

Steve - WARNING - RED FLAG - DANGER. My mind whirrs - what's up? What's happened?

DP - "You know Jenkin's road, that turn where you merge?"

SP - Oh my goodness, the car's been totaled. The girls are hurt, what?

DP - "Well, a SUV in front of me merged and I looked back to make sure I could go, I stepped on the gas, and 'whammo.'"

SP - Is everyone all right? Oh now - more money on the car we just had a new engine put in. Aaye yai yai!

DP - "We're all ok, I probably hit that guy doing less that 5 mph, just a few small scratches to our car and a bent bumper and wheel cover on the Mercedes SUV."

SP - Wheeeewwww - they're all right. (Big sigh of relief.) Oh my goodness a Mercedes? Ouch. Insurance isn't gonna like us! :(

DP - The guy just started merging and hit his brakes, and I hit him. Joelle said, "Mommy - that made my tummy jump." Natalie said, "Ouch my neck hurts a little bit."

They exchanged information and he said, "Well - I'm glad you stuck around cuz the last guy just took off on me. Hum - suspecious? Maybe.

But all is well - and hopefully our Ins premiums won't shoot through a roof. Just kinda freaky to hear like that and think about. It could have been so much worse and I'm just thankful it wasn't!!! So - I'm really, REALLY hoping this is the 1st and last auto accident my daughters are in! :)

Ok - kids' say the cutest things.

We skipped baths one night and the next afternoon Doreen took Natalie potty. After they were done, Doreen told the girls to clean the toys up - it was bath time - especially since Natalie had a stinky rear. So, they clean everything up and then throw their dirty close in the hamper and Natalie asks, "Daddy - can you smell it?" "Smell what pumpkin?" She turns around and shows me her naked butt and says, "My stinky rear!!" Waaaaa ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! Funny, funny!

Tonight after worship we have prayer and in the middle of her prayer, Joelle says, "Thank you Jesus for bringing daddy home, I don't like it when he's away and glad to have him home. etc" That just tugged at my little heart strings.

It just goes to show - that I made the right decision for our family by changing jobs. You cannot beat a prayer like that!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: