Monday, January 16, 2006

Reconnecting w/ Friends, The Broncos & Life

Howdy, Howdy all!

What a Mmmmmaaavvvvolus Monday! Slept in, got breakfast, hit the bank, video store, shopping, lunch, house hunting, DVD, dinner, baths, internet time and soon bedtime. Kinda cool day!

So today, I reconnected with two old friends. Not meaning that they're old in age, well - they are getting up there, just like I am, but I've known them a long time.

The first was Shawnda. The family and I had gone shopping at Wal-mart and came out and were immediately asked by a group of youngesters if we'd like to buy a 'coupon' book to help a gymnastics team raise funds. One of the people standing there was older than the rest and she was wearing a Denver Broncos hat. We declined and kept walking, but I looked back at the hat, then the face and realized I recognized it - from my high school days. Wild, very, very wild!!! We had graduated together from
Campion Academy in 1989. So we walked back, talked for a minute, introduced my family to her, and hope to get together again in the future to chat again. Cool.

In my e-mail inbox was a response to a recent blog from a dear friend from my time working at 3ABN, Bobby. This man has quite a story and we spent quite a bit of time with him. In fact, when I first got there, 3 months before I got married, Bobby, Tim and I would go to a greasy spoon restaurant late, late, late at night, order a meal and a cup 'o joe and sit and talk, and talk and talk. Then I'd have to get to work as a Master Control Operator overnights. Then after I got married, we'd get together and have game nights and various and asundry things. Very, VERY cool.

That was a nice addition to today.

So my Broncos are in the AFC Championship game. Oh yeah! After not being in the playoffs for so long and then getting back to them only to get trounced soundly twice by the Colts, it was great to see them have an awesome enough season to get a first round playoff bye then to play the first playoff game at Mile High (at Invesco Field). Then to win it - well that is just ggrrrrate!

The Broncos have a good chance to advance to the Superbowl, if they can beat the Steelers next Sunday afternoon.

Oh man, after winning two superbowls in the late 90's I wasn't sure they'd make it back in my lifetime! :)

But they might - fingers crossed. GO BRONCOS!!! (Gonna have to make sure I have the day off work if they do play at the Superbowl!)

So I've already taken one trip this week, leaving out for another one early, EARLY this morning and that'll be my week. I've requested a 3rd trip to make some extra money, to catch up on some things that have come up through this whole job change and the holidays and a car engine blowing up etc! So, I'll probably do that, but only be away from home for 3 days this week - that's better than at my previous place of employment.

Anyway - I'm gonna crash early so I can get up early and get to work.

Blessings y'all!

No comments: