Wednesday, January 18, 2006

LOVE driving the Truck.

So yesterday, I had a trip to Alabama. We left in the morning and it was my job to rest first, which was fine with me. I crawled into the bunk and rocked gently to sleep as we traveled from Chattanooga, through the upper tip of GA and down to the Tuscaloosa, AL area. (I practically bounced all the way through Birmingham, they've got AWEFUL roads. *grin*) The Volvos we drive are very comfortable in the back and ride nicely.

Then we got up unloaded, lunch, drove, unloaded, then my turn to drive and I had to back into a warehouse, unloaded, then drove back to the bakery in Collegedale.

As I was driving back, I kinda reflected on the day. I really missed driving those big trucks. I love sitting up high, feeling the power of a diesel engine pull 40,000+ pounds, preparing for a tight turn, backing the truck and getting it to go right where I aimed, shifting through all the gears and just the whole thing.

I'm actually glad I'm back in the trucking industry! :)

No comments: