Friday, January 20, 2006

Comings and Goings

Hey - did y'all have a good week? Aren't ya glad it's over? I am, I really, really am!

In an effort to get a few extra dollars to catch our budget up in a couple of areas, I took a 3rd trip this week. So I left Sat night, home Sun night, Left Tue am home Wed am, left Wed at midnight and home this afternoon. So even though I worked extra, I was still home with the family, Sat, Mon, Wed and Fri. That's much, MUCH better than my old job.

I figured it up as I was driving back to TN this morning at 4:30a. (And man, that is a tough hour or two to drive in the day.) This week I handled over 120,000 pounds of sweet yummies. Dude, that is a LOT of cases and I touched every one of them!

So the owners of the house we made and offer on countered, and tomorrow night after sundown, we'll counter the counter and keep negotiating until hopefully we can strike a deal. A couple of things may be happening in the near future that it would be EXTREMELY helpful to be in our own home - but we'll see how things progress. Please keep praying for us!

Well, the "battle" for the laptop has begun. :)I told Doreen I planned to lay in bed and blog tonight, and she said "Hey - that's my laptop." So I kinda put on a guilt trip saying, "I haven't been able to purchase my Ipod yet." It worked (probably the only time. he, he, he) She's at the desk on the compter and I'm lounging in bed typing this post up. As soon as I'm done, she can have it though!!! It technically IS her laptop!

Hey, have you ever used your cell phone as a flashlight? I have a couple of times in the last couple of days. We were looking at a house with a realtor and the girls had run off with the flashlight I brought along. So I whip out my phone, flip it open and the screen put off enough light I could see what I was straining to see before. Then last night in the bunk of the truck, I was wanting to look at the a/c-heat control panel to make an adjustment, but not wanting to flip on the HUGE light and blind myself. So I grab my phone, flip it open and boom - I can see just fine, make the adjustment and quickly fall back to sleep. Cool idea eh??!! :)

So as I was driving early, early this morning, I was listening to the 80's music channel on my Sirius Satellite Radio. On comes Michael Jackson's song from 1984, "Thriller" and it brings to mind a crazy memory. We were living in Montrose, CO on Gunnison Rd. We'd all (My sisters and I) heard the song and liked it, yet it kinda freaked us out just a tad. I mean, Vincent Price's laugh at the end is just menacing. So, our folks went out for the evening and we were to get ready for bed and the actually go to bed. Well, like usual we didn't obey. We flipped on the tube and watched for a bit, then flipped it off and turned the radio on. After it got dark, each of us in turn called the local radio station and asked the DJ to play, 'Thriller.' He was kinda annoyed we all called - but ended up playing it. I remember the three of us dancing around like goons in the living room as the song played. We laughed with Vincent Price, then went to bed.

Strange how a song can trigger a memory from long ago like that eh??!! :)

This weekend is it. The NFL Conference Championship games. Goooooooo Broncos! :)

Well - my eyes are about as heavy as bowling balls, gotta get some quality sleep before I head out again tomorrow (Sat)night!

1 comment:

Roseuvsharon said...

I don't have a cell phone, but I've used my watch before. I just push the little button to light up the display and then I use that to find my way in the dark. Hey, whatever works!