Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Right Now - I Hate Work!!!

I'm going to have to agree with my Brother-in-law's Scott's blog from Nov. 18.

I don't even want to go to work tomorrow. Don't want to look at the place. Don't want to get more accomplished there. I don't want to do anymore for them right now.

Background, about 4 months ago we get a new President. I've seen him in the office 2 maybe 3 times since he became President.

Anyway, we've had little or no communication with him since he took the helm. When we have talked with him - he's been very vague on the direction he wants to take the ministry, etc. We've needed some decisions made and he's put them off. For the last two months we've done nothing new - just all the same old stuff. We've had opportunity to add some new quality programs and have been stopped dead in our tracks.

Well, we found out today that our new president has hired a freelance engineer to build our new studio facility at Southern Adventist University in Collegedale, TN. Supposedly he and our president have completely worked the entire facility out, studios, rack room and office space all out WITHOUT talking to ANY of us who currently work there.

This man knows LITTLE or NEXT TO NOTHING about running radio. He was previously a church conference president. And yet he wants to build us a complete studio without our input. We are the ones that have to operate it and keep it functioning. This is OFF HIS DESIGN.

Supposedly we have financial issues - if so, why is he hiring an outside engineer to do the work when we have 2 very capable full time engineers.

This has been a brewing issue for the last couple of months and we've all felt like we're walking on egg shells. Now this bomb is dropped on us.

We have a general Staff meeting scheduled for Monday at 10am for our President to lay out his vision and direction for our ministry. Our Chief Operating Officer has requested that we listen to him first and then talk with him privately about our concerns.

My question is - why should we listen to him when he hasn't even attempted to listen to us - AT ALL???!!! WHY?

Dog-gone it - this has me both ticked off and sick right now because this man has done nothing to foster a feeling of 'teamwork' and staff unity and basically made it him against us and I hate to see what is going to happen Monday.

I'm not going to say anything at the meeting and just listen - then probably come home and puke - then decide what to do.

At this point I have NO interest in working for this man AT all. If he doesn't even show us the least bit of respect by at least communicating with us, instead of just keeping us in the dark, I don't want to work for someone like that.

I don't know! Crap!

All I know is right now - I HATE WORK!!!

No comments: