Monday, November 29, 2004

Great Weekend or Today's the Day

Man, with all the drama at work, this weekend at home was really simple and just FANTASTIC!!!

I've already told you about the activities on Saturday, let me tell ya about our Super Sunday.

The girls didn't wake up until after 8am. Ohhh yeaaaahhh! In fact, I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep so I snagged my book and read a few minutes, when we heard them finally stir - the go into full whirlwind mode! :) Having the kids sleep in like that always makes a GREAT start to a Sunday!

We had breakfast, then my in-laws came over and we put up Christmas in our house. We put up the tree with lights and ornaments. We hung the stockings by the chimney with care - we really did. We put lights in the front window and have little decorations around the house that just give it a holiday feel. Very nice.

We finished in time for lunch - ate a nice meal and then everyone, except Doreen and Joelle, ended up taking a nap. Boy did I feel good! :)

After Natalie & I got up we put on some warm clothes and headed to the park for some playtime and a walk. Good to get a bit of exercize - hadn't been able to recently.

Got home, snagged a quick simple dinner then the girls went in their room to play. Doreen watched some football and I made some fresh apple juice. A week and ahalf ago we bought a bag of apples and just hadn't eaten them all and they were getting soft. I like a good crunchy apple, not one that's mushy. So I cut 'em up - threw them in our champion juicer and made 2 1/2 quarts of fresh apple juice. The girls drank some, Doreen wanted hers later, and I threw a bit of cinnamon in mine and drank it down.

Oh my word was that yummy!!! :)

Watched a bit of football when I got everything cleaned up. Up until the Sunday night game, I was perfect on my picks for this weekend. Man that was awesome. But then I found out this morning that My Broncos let me down and got beat by the hated Raiders. *&#@!##@$% Can't believe they got beat. How annoying. Not only do they lose 1st place in the division to the Chargers, they blew probably my only chance ever to get a perfect week with Pigskin pick 'em. Dag-nabbit! :)

Well, I couldn't watch the game cuz we don't have access to ESPN, so I kept up with the score through the beginning of the third quarter with my Sirius radio. Doreen and I watched Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, then we watched two shows of American Chopper that I had taped at work. They build the !Black Widow Bike. Awesome, AWESOME bike man. $150,000 bike though. Ouch!

Then I went to bed at a very decent hour to get plenty of sleep for today.

Well - it was nice to have such a great weekend because with the 'drama' that may be unleashed today with our Speaker-Director/President, it has helped calm my nerves. Family is really great for that! I didn't even feel a bit of 'dread' driving in today. But that's probably because I was surving around my Sirius radio trying to find out of the Broncos won or lost. Of course, once I stepped in the front door it was like, oh great, "it's" gonna hit the fan today. Should be interesting. I'll let ya know what happens

No comments: