Monday, November 08, 2004

Crying at My TV

It is VARY rare for a tear to roll down my cheek while my TV is on. A movie or two has caused me to ‘well’ up. I still get ‘teary’ when I watch the replays I have of my Denver Broncos winning Superbowls 32 and 33. One program on the air now, constantly touches my heart and pretty regularly I get teary. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition is that show. Doreen and I absolutely LOVE it. Every week, Ty Pennington and Crew spend and hour (This week it was a 2 hour special) showing us how they and 100+ construction workers take a home that is in pitiful shape and fix it up to be extremely functional, good looking and just plain cool! I can guarantee that just about every week, I’ll get choked up, or have tears rollin’ down my cheek, because they help REAL people.

Most of TV is trash – as my brother in law, Scott – will attest to. We enjoy some reality shows (Amazing Race, The Apprentice and Survivor), but mostly we just watch sports and movies.

We make sure though – that every week we either watch or tape and time-shift Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

This week’s two hour show, was for a family where the parents are deaf, they have a son who is normal and a younger son who’s blind and autistic. They were living in a dump and putting all the time and money and effort into helping the younger son.

EXM: HE came in and gave them a new home complete with ALL the gadgets and doodads to help them in some amazing ways.

That is ONE awesome show!!! It’s worth the time to watch it every week.

On to the rest of life – most of my family is still battling being sick. I’ve still got a hint of it myself, but not as bad as I felt Sabbath. Hopefully we’ll get all well soon!

The Broncos won this weekend – by playing like I know they can. It’s about time!

Yesterday, Doreen and I got out and did what I “hope” is the final mowing, weed-eating of this season. It REALLY needed it, and it looks great now. I’m extremely sore from all the extra weed-eating I did around our fence line and the ‘plateau.’ (A ½ acre plot my in-laws bought across the street to ‘protect’ our view and investment purposes.)

We’ve got family coming from Minnesota this next weekend, arriving Sat or Sunday. We're looking forward to a week with them. We'll spend 3 days playing around Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, TN having fun. It'll be a nice break from all that's been going on lately.

Have a great week!



No comments: