Monday, November 15, 2004

Family Visiting Or Suprise Purchase

Well, Doreen's sister Shelly and her family are visiting from North Central Minnesota. (Hubby Randy, Calvin 7, Carlie 5, Colby 2 -just 39 hours older than my 2 year old Natalie.) They got here late Saturday night.

We had a great Sabbath. Church was a blessing, potluck was yummy. Got in a Sabbath afternoon nap, then went with my in-laws to a friends house who has a home built recording studio. My father-in-law, friend and I spend the evening recording a song to make a sound-track for my wife, her dad and sister to sing with on Sabbath. That was a TON of fun.

We got home and the girls crashed and I popped in "Princess of Thieves." Ok movie - but I expected a 'princess of thieves' to be a bit more 'proficient' in her thievery and not so bumbling. Decent movie - probably wouldn't watch it again though! :)

The movie finished up and I jumped on-line for a bit and Doreen flipped through the channels and then we heard Shelly and clan arrive. We popped up and scooted over to my in-laws to welcome them here. Talked for a bit and then crashed.

Sunday, after breakfast we headed over and talked for about an hour - then Randy and I headed to a friends to help move a desk and a couple of other bit pieces of furniture into a newly finished upstairs.

When we got back - we checked out our shed, which had pawprints across the sidewalk in front of it... coming from a hole in the ground going right under the shed. It was the prints of a skunk that Randy and Shelly saw going in when they got here. So we've got an UNWANTED neighbor under our shed.

We had 45 mins while everyone was finishing getting ready for the day, so Randy and I went to Wal-mart to get some 'bug-bomb' to try and flush the skunk out. All we had to 'finish' it off is a little .22 target pistol I've got - so we made a quick decision and bought a couple of 12 gauge shotguns. (I had done some audio editing work and from another source I had about $440 of cash in my pocket. So after some quick calculations in my head I figured I could spend $100 without too much getting in trouble, so I bought a New England single shot, cool gun.) The only catch was they people at the sporting goods desk were SUPER slow. It took about an hour and 15 minutes to get everything processed in this transaction - meanwhile everyone's basically waiting for us. Ouch!

Anyway - we finally got the guns, threw them in the trunk and met up with everyone - swapped car seats and kids - and headed to Collegedale to visit our property to show Randy and Shelly. We had fun walking around and stuff, then we headed to Chuck E Cheeze for dinner and playtime for the kids. What a blast - but what a NUTHOUSE. It was packed. It was hard not to turn around and not trip over someone! :) (Translation someone=kid blowing by ya. LOL)

Finally finished our pizza and all our 'game' tokens, got the goodies at the giveaway desk and headed home. Everyone went over to Larry & Sandra's house. Randy and I got out our guns and threw down a little Debbie cookie down for bait and went 'a skunk huntin. Sat for 40 mins with nightscope, headlamp and 12 gauge shotguns unfortnately and no skunk. So I set off a bug-bomb underneath the shed to try and smoke him out - nothing. So we figure he had already left 'home' for his nocturnal activities of eating and stinkin'. So we're gonna give it another shot today (pun intended) after I get home from work and see if we can snag this little bugger. (Translation snag=shoot into oblivion)

Well - it was a GREAT weekend. This week should be good. I'm working on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. But Wed and Thur we're going to be in Gatlinburg enjoying the sights and sounds and fun up there with everyone and another famliy of friends from Collegedale. Can't wait to tell y'all about it!

Have a Wonderful Week!

No comments: