Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Blah - Blah - Blah

Hey,

Ok - a quick, vague explanation to the Aaarrrggghhh Post from Thur Nov 18. You know where you get into one of those situations where it's kinda catch 22 type thing? I got myself into one of those no-win situations. Things were happening and I didn't feel they were quite fair. So I could #1 - said nothing and just simmered inside or #2 - spoke my peace and then look to be the bad guy. So, I kinda felt that either way I was gonna be unhappy for a while - so why not (nicely, I might add) tell what I felt and see if that made any difference. WRONGO. Boy did I end up being the bad guy for speaking up. Doreen and I talked about it later and we came to an understanding as to why everything came down the way it did. Part of it was a mistake, part of it was not clearly communicated and part of it was not fair to part of us - so it was a multiple problem, that eventually got worked out - but did cause a bit of trouble for a bit. I HATE those situations.

We had a GREAT time with Doreen's sister and family visiting from Minnesota. Gatlinburg is a cool place to play. LOTS of stuff to do. We hit Ripley's Saltwater Aquarium. Beautiful! We played miniature golf, rode go-karts, did some shopping, went on this HUGE slide (The kids REALLY loved this one) ate lots of good food, stayed in a comfortable Chalet, enjoyed watching the kids interact and had some good time to visit.

They split Sabbath afternoon - and we just hung out with Doreen's folks and grandma. After we put the girls to bed, they played a game called Upwords which is a 3 dimentional version of Scrabble. Not for me so I watched Tomb Raider. (Almost done with your movies Scott.) Then crashed.

Sunday I wasn't feeling so good - so I just lazed around ALL day pretty much. I watched an edition of American Chopper. Cool show. Love watching them build those bikes.

Got a call from my brother-in-law Scott, who had to 'rub' in that he was watching the Bronco game and I was forced to watch the Tennessee game and the Cowboy game. Glad to hear though they did score two touchdowns within the first four plays. Awesome! :)

Later in the afternoon we did have a Thanksgiving Banquet at our church. Man their was a TON of good food and we had a neat little program. My wife and her dad played the marimba and piano for a couple of duets. At the end - everyone watched my 'end of the year' slideshow/video and seemed to thoroughly enjoy it!

Came home and crashed.

Now we're back into a work week. I'll be working through Thanksgiving because I took the holiday last week with family visiting - so no holiday this week. In fact on Thanksgiving we'll probably be cleaning the church! :)

This morning I got up at 3 to take our Pastor and wife to the airport and bring their car back to keep it where I work LifeTalk so they didn't have to pay $8 a day for long term parking. That adds up pretty quickly. We'll take the car back they day they return and leave it in short term a couple of hours before they arrive so they only have to pay a few bucks. Just trying to be friendly!

Hey what's the deal with the "Malice in the Palace" there in Detroit? Both the fans and players were wrong on that deal. Hope some of the 'fans' that got involved will be dealt with just as harshly as the players who have multiple game suspensions.

Can't believe our society has gotten so out of hand that we have stuff like that going on. YUCK!

Just like the NHL lockout. Both sides have gotten so greedy that they won't even talk. (Worthwhile talks that is) to try and meet in the middle and get the season going again. Do they NOT realize this is NOT helping to improve their fan base? I mean HELLO! Quit screwing around and come up with something and play, or just completely dissolve! Both sides need a good spanking and thumping up side the head for throwing tantrums and get back to hockey!

Anyway - hope you enjoy some of the photos I've posted.

Those are my thoughts for the day. Now I've gotta get more 'dust' to fill the empty space left in my head! :)

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

No comments: