Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Pop Report (Long Story Short)

Well, it's been an interesting week and a half.

Last Friday while we were in TX (look for a post on that trip later) my Grandma told me about how my Pop had walking pneumonia for at least two weeks.

I was surprised to hear it and bothered by the lack of proper treatment.

I planned to call the next morning and insist he go see a Dr for treatment when Mom called my phone that evening and told me Pop was in the hospital.

Turns out he has a bad case of double pneumonia and his blood pressure dropped really, REALLY low and he was dehydrated.

So they put him on an IV and started pumping fluids into him and other treatment for the pneumonia.

Turns out he didn't react well to the treatment and ended up in the ICU. He was there for a day and then back to a regular room.

While there the pumologist (I'm sure that's spelled wrong) wanted to do a lung biopsy to see what else was going on cuz the CAT Scan couldn't see much.

Yesterday he had a lapriscopic (also spelled wrong) surgery where they took a tissue sample the size of a plump and sent it to pathology. Then he spent the night on a ventilator and in ICU.

Today they got him off the ventilator and he's doing a bit better.

Still no report on the biopsy.

He's still got a long way to go. Hope they find out what it is soon and get working on a treatment plan for it!!!

No comments: