Thursday, April 30, 2009

20 Year Reunion - Part 1 - Texas (CTA) Edition

The time has finally come - for our 20th High School reunions. Honestly, when I was in school, I never ever considered the fact that I'd be returning one day for my
20th reunion. My how time flies!

At the end of March (yeah - I'm running a bit behind here) Doreen and I flew to Texas for the weekend. My in-laws graciously agreed to take care of our kids so they didn't go batty being bored out of their little heads!!!


We got this cute little rental car out of the DFW airport to zip around in during our time there.











We chose to go down a day early to spend some time with my grandma, cuz we knew once the weekend hit, we were gonna have NO time to visit with her. Am I glad we did or what, cuz it was crazy - fun but crazy!







Friday evening we went to vespers. We got there on time and the place was practically empty, but people started trickling in and by the end of the program quite a few of Doreen's classmates were there and we all just stood around and talked and laughed and caught up. We were among the very last to leave!











Sabbath morning we went back to the school and had Sabbath School, then church (very little of the service was listened to by just about anybody) then a potluck, then a quick change and over to a classmates house to talk more, then up to Fort Worth for a dinner and more talking.

My goodness, I took lots of pictures, laughed a lot, talked a lot, stood alot! We were the last ones to leave the restaurant.

A few of us congregated at Russell's house for another hour or so, not wanting it all to end. Doreen and I ended up back at my Grandma's at about 1:30am. Wheeew. We crashed - up early - breakfast, some goodbyes and then back to the airport to get home!

What a FUN time. It went way to fast!

I can't wait for mine in Colorado the last weekend of Sept!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As a parent its even harder to think that the same year you guys are celebrating a 20year reunion, I'm having my 45th. Boy do I feel old :)
Glad you had a good time, and wish I could be a mouse in the corner when you guys are at Campion. Hugs to you both and those darling girls. Keep up the blogs, I love reading about your family.
Gwen