Thursday, April 16, 2009

Medical Two Step

Well, Thursday is done and I'm grumpy. But I guess it's the medical two step. Two steps forward, one step back.

The people here are very good, but very busy so It's felt like a real struggle to get any info on the biopsy pathology reports, they either don't have them here, or waiting for them to arrive, or want their own pathologist to look at the slides. So we're in a holding pattern.

Meanwhile, they took Dad off the ventilator for a while today. In fact the one Dr asked me to kinda clear us all away from his bedside, cuz they weren't happy with his breaths per minute. Then a short while later another Dr chased us all out of the room for a bit to see if it would get any better.

It didn't. So he's back on the ventilator. They want the resting breaths per minute somewhere between 16 & 24 and dad's hasn't gone below 32 when the ventilator's not breathing for him. Kinda like right now, everyone's gone for the evening, it's just Dad and me and he's breathing about 17 to 19 breaths per minute. I think he's feeling pretty frustrated. Not sure how to encourage him.

They gave him some nourishment in a feeding tube this evening. The nurse upped his meds this evening too so he'll get a good night of rest and we'll try the whole thing once again.

He made such good progress once we arrived here and now he's stalled out. Mom & Judy went on a couple of walks today. We all walked over to the Marble Slab Creamery for some comfort food! Yummmy!!!

Both Staci and I have finished a book and Cindi's workin' on hers. I gotta try and find another one somewhere. I've been playing my DS a LOT today. My brother-in-law loaned my Call of Duty 4 and I've been taking out my irritation, frustration and general all around grumpy mood on the bad guys in the game. Helps a bit! :)

Tomorrow I really hope to have some good info back on the biopsy, tests and pathology reports that have been floating around in never-never land forever!!!

But for now, I'm gonna crash in the room with my Pop, praying he'll get well soon!

No comments: