Friday, August 29, 2008

Productive Week OR Getting My Daughters Fingerprinted

This week was our first run on my regular route at work. Not it wasn't officially our 'bid' yet because the lady who has the paperwork has been on vacation. But we did take our trips.

I leave Saturday night and take ingredients to our Virginia plant, then swap trailers and run on up to Mechanicsburg, PA with a couple other cities there as well. Then we empty out, go back to our VA plant, swap trailers for another one full of different ingredients to bring back home. Get back Monday morning 6am-ish.

Then after a few hours at home, I get in another truck and head to central/southern Illinois. We leave around 9p and get back home on Tuesday between 8p and midnight. Another nice trip.

So, once I take those two trips - I am completely done for the week and except for the times I take a 3rd trip, I'll be home Wednesday, Tursday and Friday.

It was nice this week, got LOTS done around here. Course we still got TONS more to do - but it is EXTREMELY nice having a regular schedule. Aaahhhhhh!!!

Doreen started back to school fulltime on Monday. Tuesday in one of the lectures they talked about ALL they were required to do to graduate. Oh my goodness - it's a ton of stuff and it's kind of weighing heavy on Doreen's mind right not, but having a long weekend off will help - then I figure she'll do like she did at the same time last year with the same circumstances, just take one assignment or project and one day at a time and she'll do great!

For the last year or so, I've had these Child Identification - Fingerprint America booklets sitting on our desk. Basically, you fingerprint your kids, pull some DNA (Hair) and tape it to it, then fill in some detailed info on your kid - "Just In Case" something happens and you need info on your kid fast. The good intention has been to fill these out and put 'em in our safe.

Procrastination!

We finally got them done this afternoon. They both loved the fingerprinting thingy. They didn't like the pulling out of a couple hairs though.

Hope and pray we never need these things! But in case we do - we got 'em and GOT 'em done!

No comments: