Friday, August 15, 2008

"Let's Get Physical"

Yesterday, I had a chance to get back to exercising at our local gym. This summer has been extremely busy (See 1st day of school post) and so after returning from Colorado, I just never had a chance to get back into the gym.

Of course we did some swimming, and much of the time while the girls were playing, Doreen and I would be treading water in the deep end to get in some physical activity. Man, that actually is really good exercise.

So, a year ago, when I started exercising regularly at our gym I was over 214 lbs. By the time school was out and we left for CO, I was down to 202, just couldn't get under that 200 lb mark. One time at the gym in the middle of the summer I weighed myself and I had unintentionally jumped back up to 208. Oops, too much eating of the wrong stuff and not enough exercising or work! :)

Well, with swimming and watching what I was eating I'm starting to get a little better, I'm at 204 and I'm hoping by Christmas time, with some consistant exercising to get under 200 for the first time in years.

That's my goal, we'll see!

No comments: