Thursday, August 14, 2008

I Dislike Olympic Judges!

So, I'm sitting here catching up on some blogging I needed to catch up on, with the Olympics on.

Well, a female American gymnast just performed on the balance beam, Shawn Johnson. She did a tough routine and had two little 'balance checks' and a step on her dismount. She got a mediocre score.

Another gymnast just performed and just gettiing up on the thing bobbled badly, had a number of 'balance checks' failed to connect a couple of elements and had an easier dismount and a bigger step on the dismount. This little gymnast from the 'host' nation just got a much higher score.

Man, I HATE THAT! I hate the subjectiveness of Olympic judging and how crooked it seems. It is not fair to the competitors and just annoys the heck out of Olympic fans!

Argh!!!!

Ok - got that out of my system - thanks! :)

2 comments:

The SSP said...

Well - the judges didn't completely screw it up - Shawn ended up with the silver medal, but she had to really work to get it!

Oy vai!

Anonymous said...

I agree but I was very pleased that the Americans took the top two scores in spite of everything. I saw the girl from the "host" country and she was sloppy. Not fair. Sandra